Her Majesty Victoria, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland Queen, Defender of the Faith, Empress of India
Victoria has reigned for over forty years and has held firm in the face of an increasingly powerful East India Trading Company and the increasing strange and dangerous age of shadows.
HRM Queen Victoria, born Alexandrina Victoria of the House of Hanover; 24 May 1819 is the Queen regnant of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland since 20 June 1837, and the first Empress of India of the British Raj from 1 May 1876, until such a day as she passes from this world, God save us from that time. The Queen is mostly of German descent; she was the daughter of the fourth son of George III, Prince Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn. Both the Duke of Kent and George III died a year after her birth, and she inherited the throne at the age of 18 after her father’s three elder brothers died without surviving legitimate issue. She ascended the throne when the United Kingdom was already an established constitutional monarchy, in which the king or queen held relatively few direct political powers and exercised influence by the prime minister’s advice; but our Queen has become the iconic symbol of the nation and Empire.
The Queen adheres to strict standards of personal morality, inspiring her subjects to maintain similar standards of propriety and attitude. Her reign is marked by a great expansion of the British Empire in both the Southeast of Asia and the continent of Africa.
Our good Queen has nine children by her husband Prince Albert and they are listed eldest to youngest. Her children have married into numerous noble families and have borne many grandchildren, cementing alliances and connections across the entirety of Europe.
- The Princess Victoria, Princess Royal, born 21 November 1840, married German Emperor Frederick III 25 January 1858
- The Prince Albert Edward, Prince of Wales, born 9 November 1841, married Princess Alexandra of Denmark 10 March 1863
- The Princess Alice, born 25 April 1843, died 14 December 1878, married Grand Duke of Hesse Louis IV 1 July 1862
- The Prince Alfred, Duke of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha and Duke of Edinburgh and Admiral of the Fleet, born 6 August 1844, married Grand Duchess Maria Alexandrovna of Russia 23 January 1874
- The Princess Helena, born 25 May 1846, married Prince Christian of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Augustenburg 5 July 1866
- The Princess Louise, born 18 March 1848, married 9th Duke of Argyll and Governor-General of Canada 21 March 1871
- The Prince Arthur, Duke of connaught and Strathearn and Field Marshal, born 1 May 1850, married Princess Louise Margaret of Prussia 13 March 1879
- The Prince Leopold, Duke of Albany, born 7 April 1853, died 28 March 1884, married Princess Helena of Waldeck and Pyrmont 21 April 1882
- The Princess Beatrice, born 14 April 1857, married Prince Henry of Battenberg 23 July 1885